The Troop 9 2021 popcorn sale has officially launched! This is the ONLY fundraiser that Troop 9 conducts all year. 73 percent of the money raised stays within the Capitol Area Council to help fund Scout activities in central Texas. In addition, 1/3 of each Scout’s sales will be placed in an individual account to fund future high adventure or camping trips for that Scout!
Our goal is to make $10,000 in popcorn sales, and we are asking each Scout to sell $500 worth of popcorn.
Troop 9 will be selling popcorn via 4 methods:
Online via Trail’s End website: Now – Oct. 31
- Go to https://www.trails-end.com/
- Create profile for Scout (if one doesn’t exist already*)
- We are Troop 9 (not Pack), Capitol Area Council, Armadillo District
- Post photo/video of Scout
- Scout emails sales pitch and link/code to personal fundraising page to friends and family
- Customer makes credit card payment online
- Trail’s End pays credit card fees
- Product shipped right away and delivered directly to customer
- Shipping charges apply
*If you’re not sure whether your Scout has an account or you forgot which email is associated with it, email Karen email@example.com
Door-to-Door (also known as wagon sales): Sept. 11 – Oct. 24
Troop 9 has ordered a limited supply of popcorn that Scouts can provide point-of-sale popcorn via door-to-door sales to neighbors or via storefront sales.
- Request popcorn from Karen or Woody (product can be picked up patrol meetings or from Karen & Woody’s house, 4505 Avenue G)
- After setting up an online account (see above), download the Trail’s End app by texting APP to 62771.
- Customers pay via credit card on Trail’s End app.
- Scouts manually enter credit card or use square reader through Wagon Sale option (check delivered)
Storefront Sales: Sept. 18 – Oct. 24
Troop 9 will sign up for a limited number of shifts to sell popcorn at local businesses. More information will be available soon!
Take order: Now – Oct. 24
- Scout provides take order form to customer (electronic or hard copy)
- Customer pays via credit card on Trail’s End app
- Scouts manually enter credit card or use square reader through Wagon Sale option (check undelivered)
- All take orders must be submitted to Karen Adler or Daniel Wood by Oct. 27
- Scouts hand-deliver product to home of customer in November
- No shipping charges
Scouts will earn Amazon gift cards based on the points they earn per sale.
- 1.5 points for every $1 sold via credit card
- 1 point for every $1 sold cash or check
- Must collect a minimum of 500 points to earn $10 Amazon gift card
- For instructions on using the Trail’s End app, text APPGUIDE to 62771
- On the Trail’s End website, click on “Training” on the left-hand side for videos and support
- Visit the Trail’s End FAQ at https://support.trails-end.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This presentation includes general information about the 2021 popcorn sale and how to sell popcorn