The Troop 9 2022 popcorn sale has officially launched! This is the ONLY fundraiser that Troop 9 conducts all year. 73 percent of the money raised stays within the Capitol Area Council to help fund Scout activities in central Texas. In addition, 1/3 of each Scout’s sales will be placed in an individual account to fund future high adventure or camping trips for that Scout!
Our goal is to make $10,000 in popcorn sales, and we are asking each Scout to sell $500 worth of popcorn.
All Scouts and parents should plan to attend the popcorn kickoff meeting on Sunday, August 21. We will help you download the Trail’s End app and provide an overview of this year’s fundraiser.
Troop 9 will sell popcorn via 4 methods:
Online via Trail’s End website: Now – Nov. 30
- Go to https://www.trails-end.com/
- Create profile for Scout (if one doesn’t exist already*)
- We are Troop 9 (not Pack), Capitol Area Council, Armadillo District
- Post photo/video of Scout
- Scout emails sales pitch and link/code to personal fundraising page to friends and family
- Customer makes credit card payment online
- Trail’s End pays credit card fees
- Product shipped right away and delivered directly to customer
- Shipping charges apply (free for orders $70 and more)
*If you’re not sure whether your Scout has an account or you forgot which email is associated with it, email Karen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Door-to-Door (also known as wagon sales): Sept. 10 – Oct. 16
Troop 9 has ordered a limited supply of popcorn so that Scouts can provide point-of-sale popcorn via door-to-door sales to neighbors or via storefront sales.
- Request popcorn from Karen (product can be picked up patrol meetings or from Karen & Woody’s house, 4505 Avenue G)
- After setting up an online account (see above), download the Trail’s End app by texting APP to 62771.
- Customers pay via credit card on Trail’s End app.
- Scouts manually enter credit card or use square reader through Wagon Sale option (check delivered)
Storefront Sales: Sept. 10 – Oct. 16
Troop 9 will sign up for a limited number of shifts to sell popcorn at local businesses. More information will be available soon!
Take order: Now – Oct. 16
- Customer pays via credit card on Trail’s End app
- Scouts manually enter credit card or use square reader through Wagon Sale option (check undelivered)
- All take orders must be submitted to Karen Adler by Oct. 28
- Scouts hand-deliver product to home of customer in November
- No shipping charges
Scouts will earn Amazon gift cards based on the points they earn per sale.
- 1 point for every $1 sold online
- 1 point for every $1 sold cash or check (via the app)
- 1.25 points for every $1 credit/debt via the app
- Must collect a minimum of 500 points to earn $10 Amazon gift card
- For instructions on using the Trail’s End app, text APPGUIDE to 62771
- On the Trail’s End website, click on “Training” on the upper left corner for videos and support
- Visit the Trail’s End FAQ at https://support.trails-end.com
- Email email@example.com
- This presentation includes general information about the 2022 popcorn sale and how to sell popcorn <Note Coming Soon>
- Email Karen Adler at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 210-912-8055