The Troop 9 2020 popcorn sale has officially launched! This is the ONLY fundraiser that Troop 9 conducts all year. 73 percent of the money raised will go to Troop 9 to fund Scout activities including campouts and community service projects. Our goal is to make $10,000 in popcorn sales, which we can hit if every Scout sells just $250 worth of popcorn.
Because of the pandemic, Troop 9 will be conducting a socially distant popcorn sale this year. That means we won’t be doing any storefront sales or door-to-door selling in the Bryker Woods neighborhood. But it also means the Scouts will need to make an extra effort to sell online and to friends, family and neighbors.
Troop 9 will be selling popcorn via two methods:
Online via Trail’s End website
- Go to https://www.trails-end.com/
- Create profile for Scout (if one doesn’t exist already*)
- Be sure to post photo/video
- Scout then emails sales pitch and link/code to personal fundraising page to friends and family
- Customer makes credit card payment online
- Trail’s End pays credit card fees
- Product shipped right away and delivered directly to customer
- Shipping charges apply
- Online sales can be submitted through Oct. 31
- Scout provides take order form to customer (electronic or hard copy)
- Customer pays via credit card on Trail’s End app
- Scouts manually enter credit card or use square reader through Wagon Sale option (check undelivered)
- We can accept cash or check but are highly encouraging credit cards to maintain safety and earn more points
- All take orders submitted to Karen Adler or Daniel Wood by Oct. 23
- Scouts hand-deliver product to home of customer in November
- No shipping charges
Door hanger pick up
To help promote online sales, Troop 9 has printed door hangers that Scouts can place on neighbors’ doors.
- Each Scout will receive 50 door hangers (more available on request)
- Pick up from Adler-Wood house, 4505 Avenue G (mustard yellow house, catty corner from Shipe Park)
- Door hangers will be placed in bin on stoop, pre-sorted in packs of 50
- Check off name on roster when you pick up
Scouts will earn Amazon gift cards based on the points they earn per sale.
- 2 points for every $1 sold via online direct
- 5 points for credit/debit card sales
- 1 point for every $1 sold cash or check
- Must collect a minimum of 400 points to earn $10 Amazon gift card
In addition, 1/3 of each Scout’s sales will be placed in an individual account to fund future high adventure or camping trips for that Scout!
Please see the popcorn presentation for more details and don’t hesitate to reach out to Karen Adler (210-912-8055) or Daniel “Woody” Wood (210-386-7882) if you have questions.